TurboTax Free Edition 2017 - 2018
The Turbo Tax Free Edition is the most basic offering and will suit you well if you have simple needs for your tax return preparation and filing.
What Does The TurboTax Free Edition Include?
Federal returns are free, If you need to file a State return
it will cost extra. Both your federal and state returns include
free e-filing. The Free Edition is very easy to use and asks you
tax questions in plain English. The initial interview starts your
tax preparation by processing questions and answers in order to
eliminate and skip areas that donít apply to your filing needs.
This enables you to complete your return much quicker, and with
far less confusion. This year, unlike the IRS FreeFile
TurboTax Freedom Edition, there
is no income limitation, so anyone can use the free edition regardless
of low or high income.
The TurboTax Free Edition has exceptional on-screen guidance that gives you access to technical support via phone, live chat, email, and extensive knowledgebase. Their technical support is very responsive and knowledgeable. If this edition isn't for you, a TurboTax Sale may be your next option.
TurboTax Free Edition Limitations:
- This product can't import 1099s or W-2s.
- Free Edition is an online version only. No downloadable computer based version is available.
Free Edition Ratings
Ease of Use: 5.
Tax Support: 4.
Tech Support: 4.
Overall Score: 17 / 20
Try the Free Edition for your simple tax return filing needs.
TurboTax Federal Free Edition Summary:
The TurboTax Free Edition is designed for users that have simple
tax returns and do not require detailed tax guidance to complete
their return. Simply put if you don't have investments and rental
properties that require additional forms other than 1040EZ, 1040
and 1040A, and don't need to itemize deductions, then the TurboTax
Free Edition may work well for you!
While this edition is free, it still includes free efile along with it, and further more you still get many of the great features included in paid versions of Turbo Tax, like Basic, Deluxe, Premier and Home & Business.
Some of these features include
- Asks easy plain English questions
- Tailors itself to to your filing needs.
- Gets You the Biggest Possible Refund, Guaranteed!
- Saves your progress as you go, do your taxes at your own pace, day or night.
- Provides support help and tax-saving tips on every screen as you Proceed.
Find help on any tax topic from anywhere within TurboTax FREE Edition.
- Get Quick answers from the experts and other users in the Live TurboTax Online Community.
- Summarizes Your Tax Situation with a overview of your tax return.
- Provides tips to help you get a bigger refund on future tax returns.
- Checks your tax return for mistakes and shows you how to correct them.
- FREE Technical Support with extensive knowledge bases.
Try it without creating a user ID. Save your info whenever you want to.
Is Turbo Tax Free Edition Right for You?
Start with Turbo Tax Free Edition and they will prompt you if another program could be a better fit for you and your tax filing requirements. If you upgrade, any information youíve entered to that point will be transferred automatically to the next edition of your choice.
So the real question is, since it's Free - if it looks like it may work for you, why not give it a try - you've got nothing to loose, literally! enjoy.
TurboTax Software Downloads and CD Installation Desktop Editions >>
If you prefer working on your taxes off-line in areas where you don't have an internet connection, try one of the TurboTax desktop software to use anywhere anytime.
They are a great alternative to the online editions that require internet connectivity to prepare your return on the internet through a safe and secure connection.